Lesson Plans Are Boring
Over the last couple of months I have been changing the way I describe the activities that take place in the classroom. Instead of using the term lesson plan I now say learning experience. There are many reasons for why I’ve decided to make the change, but here are a few of my favorite:
- Learning experience last forever, a lesson last for one period.
- Learning experience happen with students, lesson plans happen to students.
- Learning experiences influence the future, lesson plans come and go.
- Learning experiences are why students love learning, lesson plans are why students dislike school.
- Learning experiences are all active, lesson plans can be passive.
- Learning experiences transcend the classroom, lesson plans happen in the classroom.
- Learning experiences integrate multiple disciplines, lesson plans focus on one discipline.
- Learning experiences develop cross-curricular skills, lesson plans develop content specific skills.
It is my hope that you’ll add to our list and help start the movement to replace lesson plans with learning experiences! #DoItForYourStudents
What would you add? Leave a comment.